Signet Claim Solutions credentials each Health Care Professional (HCP) to ensure that they have the necessary qualifications to perform knowledgeable, quality reviews and Independent Medical Examinations. All Peer Review HCPs are required to be up to date with current practice standards, medical research and medical literature.
In order for a Health Care Professional to join the Signet panel, the following information is obtained and reviewed:
- A copy of the HCP’s Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of the HCP’s Medical License
- A copy of the HCP’s ABMS or other certifying board certificate
- Proof of current liability/malpractice insurance
- Signed and dated HCP Application
Once reviewed, secondary verification is made of the following:
- Check of Medical License
- Check of Board Certification
- Check of any misconduct or license suspensions or revocations.
Once this process is complete, the Health Care Professional is contacted to discuss their background and areas of expertise. At this time, we will also review with the Health Care Professional industry turn-around times and compliance.
We also stress the importance of their ability to defend their examinations and peer reviews. Signet reviews Jury Verdict to access their testimony history as well as conducting on site visits to view parking accommodations, presentation of office/waiting room and conduct a face to face interview with the HCP.
HCPs credentials are reviewed and updated at license renewal and as requested.